Please read and understand what you can put in the mixed non-hazardous skip?
These skips are for general and inert waste such as soil, garden waste, paper, plastics, wood, old furniture etc. Any waste on the list below cannot be placed in a general waste skip. If you are producing any of the following waste, please call 01726 860093 to arrange a quotation or to ask for advice.
PLACING ANY OF THESE ITEMS IN A GENERAL WASTE SKIP WILL INCUR ADDITIONAL CHARGES !
- Asbestos – £420 + vat per ton (minimum ½ ton charge)
- Mattresses – £25 + vat per item
- Plasterboard – £130 + vat per ton
- Fridges – £50 + vat per item
- Freezers – £50 + vat per item
- TVs/Monitors – £20 + vat per item
- Gas Cylinders – By arrangement only
- Fire Extinguishers – By arrangement only
- Car Tyres – £10 + vat per item
- Lorry tyres –£20 + vat per item
- Large Tree Stumps & Roots – By arrangement only
- Large amounts of Carpet – Chargeable at £190 + vat per ton
- Carpet Tiles – Chargeable at £190 + vat per ton
- Vinyl Flooring – Chargeable at £190 + vat per ton
- Ceiling Tiles – Chargeable at £190 + vat per ton
- Roofing Felt – Chargeable at £190 + vat per ton
- Insulation – Chargeable at £190 + vat per ton
- Food Waste – Not accepted
If skips are heavily contaminated with any of the above materials, you will be charged the full weight of the waste at the above mentioned rates !
- 1 General
- 1.1 DSW cannot and will not be held responsible or liable for any damage caused whatsoever if the hirer requests the company driver to take his vehicle off the Public Highway to deliver/position the skip in a location requested by the hirer or their representatives.
- 1.2 DSW will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by failure to supply, or any delay in supply.
- 1.3 The time allowed for loading/unloading is 15 minutes. If the vehicle is kept waiting longer than this DSW reserves the right to charge waiting time at £25.00 per 15 minutes.
- 1.4 DSW reserves the right to charge the customer for all costs incurred as a result of a late cancellation of service by way of a wasted journey charge of £75.00, being the minimum charge depending on skip/lorry size and location, up to a maximum of £150.00.
- 2. Skip Hire
- 2.1 A permit is required from your local authority to site a skip on the public highway, including footpaths. DSW will not place a skip on to a public area unless the area is fully fenced, signed, with adequate lighting and proof of permit has been issued to our office prior to delivery.
- 2.2 The hirer shall ensure that the skip is not overloaded by weight or by volume at the point of collection. All skips should be loaded so that they are not filled higher than the top of its sides. For 25yard up to 40yard roll on-off 15 ton is the maximum lift. DSW reserves the right to refuse to collect overloaded skips and any costs incurred due to unsafe loads/overloading (including wasted journeys) will be passed onto the hirer. Additional charges may be levied.
- 2.3 The lighting of fires in or near skips is strictly prohibited. The hirer will be liable for any loss or damage to the skip container (excluding fair wear and tear) during the term of the skip hire period and will be charged the current purchase price of the skip should it be lost or stolen whilst on the customers site. Once a skip has been placed, it shall not be repositioned without prior consent from DSW. Moving skips on site could result in the inability to collect skip or damage to the skip.
- 2.4 The maximum rental period is 14 days, it is the responsibility of the hirer to request the collection within this time. Following this period, a 5% charge will be incurred for every week the skip remains on site unless prior agreements have been made with our office.
- 2.5 The responsibility for the skip remains with the hirer until collected by a DSW vehicle. Any skips which are removed, lost or stolen whilst in the control of the hirer will be charged at full and new replacement value.
- 3. Tipping/Waste Disposal
- 3.1 DSW is registered with the Environmental Agency as a waste carrier.
- 3.2 Customers using DSW as a tipping facility do so entirely at their own risk and must follow our site rules. DSW accepts no responsibility for damage or injury of any nature that may occur to persons or vehicles whilst using our site.
- 3.3 Vehicles may only use such portions of the sites as are allocated to them.
- 3.4 Only waste permitted under the waste permit/licence or exemptions may be deposited on the site.
- 3.5 DSW reserves the right to refuse any materials which it considers to be objectionable or unsuitable for deposit on the company’s site.
- 3.6 Material for deposit at our site will only be accepted from registered waste carriers and must be accompanied by a controlled waste transfer note stating a description of the waste (with EWC Code), the source of the waste and the details of the waste carrier, including carrier registration number. Environmental Protection (Duty of Care) Regulations 1991.
- 4. Sale of Materials
- 4.1 All materials are sold on the basis that the weight or quantity is as stated on the conveyance note. DSW will not accept any responsibility once the load has been discharged and accepted by the onsite signatory.
- 4.2 Unless expressly agreed in writing DSW prices are for materials as stated on the quotation. Where the customer requires an alteration in the grade or type of material, or where it becomes necessary to supply from another source, an extra charge may be made for any additional costs which may be incurred by DSW.
- 4.3 Risk in the goods shall pass to the customer on delivery.
- 5. Payment Terms
- 5.1 Payment due 28 days from the date of invoice (account customers only). For non-account customers payment is due on or prior to delivery.
6. Delivery- we encourage our customers to order well in advance of the required date to ensure we have available stocks to meet their needs. Please see below for details on next working day delivery:-
6.1 For delivery on the next working day, orders are required to be placed before 3pm. Any order after this time may not be available for next day delivery and will not be available until the following working day (stocks allowing)
6.2 Orders placed online after 3pm on Fridays will not be available to be delivered until the following Tuesday. Unless agreed with our office or representative.
6.3 Deliveries and exchanges are not available on Saturday or Sunday. Any orders placed online on these days will not be available until Tuesday. If you require a Monday delivery please ensure you place your order before 3pm on Friday.
6.4 If you have any questions before you order contact us and a member of our team will be happy to help. DSW Group Ltd take no responsibility or guarantee of available stock for misplaced orders.
7. Returns and Cancellations
7.1 DSW reserves the right to charge the customer for all costs incurred as a result of a late cancellation of service by way of a wasted journey charge of £75.00, being the minimum charge depending on skip/lorry size and location, up to a maximum of £150.00.
7.2 In cases where the customer has placed the order incorrectly or wishes to cancel the order please contact us on 01726 860093 as soon as possible to avoid a late cancellation as per point 6.1.